Thursday, September 25, 2014

A Day in the Life at the Park.

A few days ago I went to the park with my kids. I thought I was doing something great for them.  It turns out, it was really for me.  Here is what happenned:

All of my kids were swinging in the swings, so I decided to join them.  I started up, pumping my legs to get to speed as quickly as possible, when I felt a huge push on my back.  It was my daughter.  She gave me 3 or 4 firm pushes and I was flying in the sky.  It was so exhilarating!  This may sound silly but I was amazed at the power that came from her pushes and the speed at which I reached the limit of the swing.  I have not been pushed in a swing since I was 5 or 6 years old, and here I was 36 years old and being pushed in a swing.

Here are the ahas I had as I was soaring in the swing that day.

1. I learned that I love to receive help.  My whole life I have been trying to prove my worth by doing everything myself.  I have always had a difficult time allowing others to help me with anything I can possibly do alone.

2.  Things get done much faster and in a more powerful way when I allow others to help me.

3. When I allow others to help me, I have more time and energy to serve others, and I want to serve because I feel so loved.

4.  Life is so much more fun when we help each other!

5.  I never want to go back to the old way again!




No comments:

Post a Comment